Great Jobs? Now We’re Cooking!
There has never been a more exciting time to join Request Foods. We’ve been selling products to many of the world’s leading food companies, retailers and restaurants for nearly 25 years. A privately owned and financially sound company, we do our best to run our business based on Christian values. Whether it’s cooking up great tasting food, assisting in customer support, providing quality and production leadership, or supporting administrative or technical activities, a career at Request Foods is a great opportunity. At Request, we’ve achieved success by treating our employees with integrity, trust and respect. If you’re passionate about food, and the people who help produce it, then Request Foods might just be for you.
Ammonia Refrigeration/Boiler Mechanic – 3rd Shift
11:00 pm to 7:30 am (3rd shift)
Request Foods believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of our company. That contribution includes but is not limited to the assigned responsibilities. This position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but does not limit the individual or the organization only to the work identified. It is Request Foods expectation that each member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
- Responsible for performing hands–on refrigeration technician duties to maintain the RQH/GSP ammonia refrigeration process equipment in addition to maintenance on various facility systems.
- With assistance from Process Safety Management Coordinator, will ensure Request Foods compliance with all PSM elements per governmental regulations.
- Responsible for performing hands-on mechanical duties to maintain the facility boiler equipment and associated systems.
- Will function as an active member on the Request Foods HAZMAT Technician team.
- High school diploma required
- Industrial ammonia refrigeration and maintenance experience preferred. Ongoing ammonia refrigeration education is required, including HAZMAT response training.
- Technical knowledge of, and ability to troubleshoot and repair Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems.
- Boiler Operator certification is preferred. Must be able to obtain Operator certification within 3 months.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven decision making capabilities
- Ability to take action with a sense of urgency to achieve results
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others
Physical Activities Required – The physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Extensive standing and walking
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Repetitive motion (hands/wrists)
- Climbing ladders
- Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Pushing/pulling equipment of various weights
- Working from scissors lift, driving a lift truck
- Varied Climate: -5°F to 80°F (freezers, rooftops, manufacturing, engine/boiler rooms)
- Appropriate clothing provided
Our benefit package includes:
- Excellent Health, Prescription and Dental Insurances
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Semi-annual Performance Bonus Program
- Outstanding Retirement Program, including 401(k)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Fully Equipped Fitness Center
To apply, please use the form above, or contact us at:
Request Foods®, Inc.
Attn: People Services Department
P.O. Box 2577
Holland, MI 49422-2577
Request Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free organization.