Great Jobs? Now We’re Cooking!
There has never been a more exciting time to join Request Foods. We’ve been selling products to many of the world’s leading food companies, retailers and restaurants for nearly 25 years. A privately owned and financially sound company, we do our best to run our business based on Christian values. Whether it’s cooking up great tasting food, assisting in customer support, providing quality and production leadership, or supporting administrative or technical activities, a career at Request Foods is a great opportunity. At Request, we’ve achieved success by treating our employees with integrity, trust and respect. If you’re passionate about food, and the people who help produce it, then Request Foods might just be for.
This position is responsible for managing daily purchasing reports, ordering miscellaneous office supplies and production related items. Additional responsibilities include working with other departments managing necessary document tracking.
- Daily completion of the rescheduled buy and open order reports.
- Maintaining inventory and purchase schedule for office supplies.
- Entering miscellaneous non-stock orders and related issues.
- Making company credit card purchases, reviewing and providing documentation as required.
- Working with vendors using TraceGains document tracking system.
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent certification.
- Two years experience in purchasing is preferred. Industrial purchasing would be helpful.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail are essential. The preferred candidate will have the ability to multi-task and reorganize priorities daily, posses professional communication skills, both phone and verbal.
- Will be able to work in a fast paced environment and be proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word)
Our benefit package includes:
- Excellent Health, Prescription and Dental Insurances
- Life and Disability Insurances
- Semi-annual Performance Bonus Program
- Outstanding Retirement Program, including 401(k)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Fully Equipped Fitness Center
Stories from Work
“I started 18 years ago at an entry level position and have worked my way up to director of my department. There is definitely opportunity here. It’s a great place to work.”
“We really are a family; that’s why I enjoy working here. The owners have a genuine interest in us, they want to know how you’re doing. We have a lot of activities that involve everyone.”
“I never thought I would work in manufacturing, after being outside. But it’s a great job, with flexibility, good wage and benefits, plus I’ve made a lot good friends here.”